23.07.2018 : A meeting was held at the community Hall of S.D. Hospital, Bhanjanagar. S.D.M.O. Dr. P.C. Gouda, Pediatric Specialist, Dr. Bhagaban Sahu and Staff Nurses and Health Workers sensitized the people, health workers and patients about the wonder drug ORS its uses, benefits in diarrhea and dehydration.
24.07.2018 : A meeting was held at venue hall of Department of Pediatric, M.K.C.G. Medical College, Berhampur. Prof. & Head, Dr. Niranjan Mohanty explained importance of ORS week celebration by IAP. Other faculties elaborated about the uses of ORS how to prepare and how to administer ORS. Parents of the patients, children and UG and PG students participated in the event.
26.07.2018 : A Street play was organized in association with Nursing School at Ankuli Anganwadi Centre which was attended by villagers and school children. The programme concluded with Rally around the village.
27.07.2018 : A meeting was held at OPD complex of Christian Hospital. The Director of Hospital, Dr. M.K. Nanda, Pediatric Specialist Dr. S.K. Panda, Dr. Padhy, Nursing Staff, Nursing Students and IAP Secretary and President. Sensitized the people coming to the OPD about the ORS Week. A role play was performed by the Nursing Students about the signs and symptoms of dehydration and how to use ORS and when to refer to the Hospital. Then a question Answer session was done by Secretary Dr. S.K. Barma and Dr. Budhia Majhi.
28.07.2018 : A meeting was held at Hotel Jyoti Residency conference hall to celebrate the ORS Day. Two speakers Dr. G. Sethy, Associate Professor of Pediatric delivered about the Philosophy of ORS days and week celebration. She highlighted the ORS as most wonderful invention in medicine in 21st Century. 2nd Speaker Dr. S.S. Rath delivered about Role of ORS and Zinc in the management of Diarrhea and the role of nutrition during diarrhea. About 40 members attended the meeting.
1. At S.D.H., Bhanjanagar about 50 Health Workers, ASHAs, Anganwadi Workers and patients were sensitized about the role of ORS in management of Diarrhea and dehydration. Patient’s attendants also participated in the meeting and clarified their doubts.
2. About 90 participants including 40 UG students, Staff Nurses and parents of the children admitted to the Pediatric Department were sensitized about the ORS week celebration by IAP. They were taught how to prepare ORS, how much ORS to be given to the patients with diarrhea and when to refer to the Hospital if there is no improvement. The participants also asked questions about their doubts to the faculties.
3. The meeting and role-play at Chauraha of Ankuli Anganwadi Centre conducted by students of school of Nursing. Around 200 households were made aware of the ORS use, Hand washing, hygiene and bad effects of open space defecation.
4. At OPD complex of Christian Hospital, around 150 mothers and patients attendants were sensitized about ORS during diarrhea and hand hygiene, by role-play.
5. All the IAP members of Ganjam Branch were sensitized about ORS week celebration, its philosophy.